Lessons Learned While Building A Team

"You do not select a team, you select a group of people and then work together to develop into a team...teams don't instantly become, they evolve"

Coach K from the Introduction of his book, The Gold Standard

Monday, September 27, 2010

Christmas in September

Today is the first day of practice and I find myself not able to sleep. Indeed, for me personally today is better than Christmas. I absolutely enjoy my family time and watching the joy of my children in opening their gifts. However, I would rather practice than do just about anything else. So when Day One comes along, it is very special.

Everything is ahead of schedule right now in terms of how plans have taken shape. I think the coachability of my team is excellent and the talent level is much higher than I anticipated in year one. That makes it even more exciting to start tomorrow. It will be the beginning of the journey. Conditioning is behind us. Gut Week was conquered and is behind us. We really came together this last weekend at our team retreat and that is behind us. It is now time to focus on fundamentals, offense, defense, transition, shooting, skill development, all of the things that coaches really enjoy.

Continue to pray for the development of our team and that today is the first practice toward a championship program at Faulkner University.

Blessings,

Coach S

No comments:

Post a Comment