Lessons Learned While Building A Team

"You do not select a team, you select a group of people and then work together to develop into a team...teams don't instantly become, they evolve"

Coach K from the Introduction of his book, The Gold Standard

Friday, July 23, 2010

What's The Latest

I just returned to Montgomery from New Orleans. I had the opportunity to watch AAU teams play at the Battle On The Bayou AAU National Tournament. It was good to reconnect with old friends from Texas. It was great to see several of my former Westbury Christian girls playing and having a great summer. I had the opportunity to watch some of the top kids on my list and add some new ones to the list. I am looking at 2011 kids that I think can help push our program forward when they arrive. It is very convenient to be able to go to a site and see several players in one place, rather than during the high school season where you have to travel great distances just to see one potential player that may or may not be up to standard.

Coach Kat is on the way. As I write, she is traveling across Louisiana and should be in Montgomery tonight. We will get her unloaded tomorrow and give her a week to get settled in and then go to work starting August 2. I am looking forward to having her, she will bring great energy and work ethic to the Assistant Coach position.

I am flying out Sunday to Houston. We are packing up our stuff and coming with the whole crew this time. We have settled on Wetumpka for the next year. We look forward to becoming a part of that great community.

Until next time...

Blessings,

Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment