Lessons Learned While Building A Team

"You do not select a team, you select a group of people and then work together to develop into a team...teams don't instantly become, they evolve"

Coach K from the Introduction of his book, The Gold Standard

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finding Balance

My family attended Landmark Church of Christ in Montgomery this morning with 10 members of my team. The preacher, Buddy Bell, had a great message about balance in life. I think alot can be learned for a team and it's individuals from the following point he made in that sermon:

Balance requires three elements;
1. A reference point - where am I right now? honest evaluation of status quo.
2. A clear objective - where do I see myself at a fixed point in the future?
3. Constant correction - How am I going to navigate the distance in between

Great stuff! Thanks, Buddy

Blessings,

Coach S

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment